Friday, October 01, 2004

Where does Gorilla Glue come from?

I was in the hardware store a week or two ago and I saw some stuff called Gorilla Glue. I asked about it and was told that it was some kind of glue. Well, being the inquisitive type I asked, "Is it made out of real gorillas?"

I was disappointed as the lady said "No, of course not, silly." Oh well, I got some Ultimate Glue at home that works just as good I'll bet. However, I don't know what it's made out of either, but it's some kind glue, too.

I just looked up the word media in a dictionary and no where did it define the word as meaning CNN or the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. However, a usage note at the word medium explained that while many do use the word media to describe the media, it did not indicate to me that the use is correct. So I guess you can make a glue and call it Gorilla Glue and it not be made out of real gorillas.

Bubba: "Hey Forest. Have you ever been on a real shrimp boat?"
Forest: "No, but I've been on a real big boat. I gotta pee."

No comments: